We have a few exciting volunteer opportunities available within the Skelmersdale and District Foodbank!
We are opening a volunteer post within our new Advice Team. As a foodbank we have noticed the increased demands on our services and the need to provide on-going, in-depth support. We have partnered with Compassion Acts to bring debt, benefit and financial advice into our foodbank centres with the aim to improve our services and improve the lives of those visiting us.
What will the role involve:
• To gather basic information from the client
• To maintain high standards of confidentiality,
• To deliver informal encouragement,
• To refer into other services as appropriate.
• To encourage use of and evaluate income-maximisation services.
• Anything else as the project evolves and by mutual agreement activities can be included.
A full job description is attached below, along with the required application form.
Full training and on-going support will be provided to all volunteers in the role.
The closing date for volunteer applications is 12pm (noon) on 10th February. Please send any completed application forms to – [email protected]